Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Only 4 more days left...

Last night we had a great time with the UEF students (as usual) and went out for Japanese food. Being a sushi lover, I thought this was an excellent choice! We sat on a table that was on a platform low to the ground and you had to take your shoes off before entering the area. It was really authentic and was probably the best sushi I've ever eaten. I even got to try saki, which turned out to be really delicious and much better than I had expected it to be. Afterwards we all went out and got ice cream at the same place we had eaten the first time we had hung out. I can't believe we have already been here for over a week now and can honestly say I have no desire to return to the US anytime soon because I am having so much fun!

 Spicy salmon sushi!

 Huyen and Emmy are very excited for their food

 Having fun eating sushi

Eric picked flowers for all of us! What a gentleman

This morning we woke up bright and early and headed over to UEF for culture and language class. In culture class, we learned about Vietnamese religion, which consisted mostly of Buddhism and a few indigenous religions that mostly on a close relationship with nature. It was the last of our culture classes, and i do feel like I have a better understanding of Vietnam now. Language class consisted mostly of asking someone what they did or where they were from and responding to both of those questions. About halfway through the class, I got somewhat distracted and ended up teaching a little bit of French to Ngan and Dang (Je t'aime!). In exchange, I found out how to say I love you in Vietnamese (Tôi yêu bạn)

We ate lunch at UEF, and then we headed over to GlassEgg, a digital media company. They do a lot of really cool stuff, including designing graphics for video games, most of which are racing games. The CEOs showed us around their lab where many graphic designers were designing characters, cars, buildings, etc for upcoming video games. Then they gave us a presentation on their company and it was really informative. The owners of GlassEgg also own a very popular nightclub in Vietnam called Lush. We have already visited Lush and it was awesome! Because they knew we were interested, they invited us to come to Lush tonight and be their guests. I am so excited, especially because it is ladies night! I need to get ready, but I will blog more later!

-Hailee

No comments:

Post a Comment